Skip to main content

Budget-Friendly Furniture Accents--Emerald Green

In last week's post, I spilled about my love affair with emerald green.  I've found some great inexpensive projects to incorporate this deep green into a room.  

The Turquoise Iris



European Paint Finishes
See how well this color works with gold?  It works great as an accent piece, and you almost can't go wrong painting emerald green on a Chinese-style piece of furniture.
Lillian August Carl Chest; Photo Courtesy of Shay Geyer
Look at this green and gold dresser/chest from the High Point Market.  It's green lacquer, and the only real Chinese detail is on the feet.  The hardware are round gold pulls, and I've found similar knobs on Ebay.

I did some searching on Craigslist and found this solid armoire posted for $150 obo in my area.  This would look awesome in emerald.  My vision is to accent the shaker-style lines on the cabinet doors and the borders around the drawers with some gold gilding paint from Martha Stewart and paint the rest of the body in emerald.  I don't think it has any feet, so to solve that, some square feet can be added with a little detail to carry the gold motif to the floor like our example dresser.
Chinese-style furniture legs are hard to find,
but this mission-style leg can pull off the look
as could the corner foot with raised detailing
to the left.

Both legs courtesy of osbornewood.com
Of course I already got ahead of myself and emailed the owner of the armoire.  I may just have to add it to my project queue.

Loving the traditional and modern mix.
Interior Gallery Design
Notice the contemporary seating juxtaposed by the traditional architectural details on the mantel and the crown molding set off by the emerald green walls.  Here's my inspiration.

This is one of those super-outdated Craigslist finds from the 80s.  It's a solid-wood Italian dresser, and it needs help.

The gold and stone column detailing on the side is the perfect pair for an emerald green finish.  Finish it off with some round gold coin style pulls, and it becomes more of a creative piece that looks like it was placed in the room on purpose rather than 80s leftovers that haven't been replaced.  It will pair really well with modern seating, and to finish it off, I would hang a piece of modern art over it or a gold mirror with square lines, such as a Chinese lattice motif.  
My last piece of inspiration is this Chinese chair.  I found a pair on Craigslist for $400, although I think it would be better off solo.  It would be an awesome emerald accent if sprayed, and since it's just one wood chair that can easily be changed, it's perfect for a commitment-phobe.  
centsationalgirl.com
And for a pop of tradition, I had to post this green hutch.  With the right modern chandelier and some clean, tall upholstered chairs, this will pair well in a modern-leaning dining room.  How can you not love this color??

Comments